Welcome to Middelburg Country Club!
Passion | History | Legacy
Historically named Nazareth, the town of Middelburg, was established in 1864 by the local farmers and a midway stop to the ox-wagon trail from Pretoria to Lydenburg. The original golf coarse was built after the Anglo Boer War in 1903 by the Imperial British Troops, whose cantonments were where the present clubhouse and driving range is situated. Three separate clubs, Golf, Bowling and Social Clubs originally existed on the site where the Mascot Theatre and Mica stores are located. The arrival of Columbus Stainless in 1962, resulted in an influx of people in Middelburg which caused all available vacant areas to be sold, and it became necessary to the Town Council to lay out additional suburbs. The Previous location of the Golf, Bowls and Social Clubs were rezoned and resulted in them having to relocate.
These clubs amalgamated and a new club was established on ground donated to by the local Municipality in exchange for the ground on which the original Middelburg Country Club, officially opened on 23 August 1967. In 1982 a fire destroyed most of the club buildings and with the help of Columbus Stainless, the Club was rebuilt to what it looks like today. Middelburg is centrally situated in Mpumalanga within easy reach of Gauteng, the Lowveld and Northern Eastern Mpumalanga. The world famous Kruger National Park, Blyderiver Canyon and Pilgrims Rest are all within a 150-250km radius from the Club. In the locality, Loskop Dam, Middelburg Dam, the Cycad Hiking Trail and the Botshabelo Cultural Museum are a short distance away and worth a visit.
Guest Lodge & Facilities
Swimming pool, squash, tennis courts, bowling greens, bar, conference venue, banquest facilities, halfway house and locker rooms.
Clubhouse & Pub
A full bar with dart boards
and large screen
Restaurant & conference
À La Carté restaurant &
catering for an event at
the conference venues.
All rooms are very spacious, fully-airconditioned with en-suite bathrooms.
Golf Shop & Driving Range
A fully equipped Golf Shop is situated on the Eastern veranda of the Clubhouse.