MIDDELBURG COUNTRY CLUB
Copyright © 2017. Middelburg Country Club. All rights reserved.
Proudly Designed and Powered by MidLink
Historically named Nazareth, the town of Middelburg was established in 1864 by the local farmers as a midway stop on the ox-wagon trail from Pretoria to Lydenburg. Here travellers could replenish their supplies before proceeding on their journey.
The original golf course was built after the Anglo Boer War in 1903 by the Imperial British Troops, whose cantonments were where the present clubhouse and driving range is situated. Three separate clubs, Golf, Bowling and Social Clubs originally existed on the site where the Mascot Theatre and Mica Stores are located today. The arrival of Columbus Stainless in 1962 resulted in an influx of people to Middelburg which caused all available vacant even to be sold and it became necessary for the Town Council to lay out additional suburbs.
The previous location of the Golf, Bowls and Social Clubs were rezoned and resulted in them having to relocate. These clubs amalgamated and a new club was established on ground donated to by the local Municipality in exchange for the ground on which the original clubs stood. Columbus Stainless, identifying the social and sporting needs of their personnel contributed to the establishment and building of this new club, known as the Middelburg Country Club, officially opened on 23 August 1967. In 1982 a fire destroyed most of the club buildings and with the help of Columbus Stainless the club was rebuilt to what it looks like today.
Middelburg is centrally situated in Mpumalanga within easy reach of Gauteng, the Lowveld and North Eastern Mpumalanga. The world famous Kruger National Park, Blyderiver Canyon and Pilgrims Rest are, all within a 150 –250km radius from the Club. In the locality, Loskop Dam, Middelburg Dam, the Cycad Hiking Trail and the Botshabelo Cultural Museum are a short distance away and worth a visit.
|Management & Admin|
|Ladies 72 Hole Championship|
|40 Years Member Awards|
|Golf Course Layout|
|Swimming pool & Play Park|